ADOPT-A-FAMILY FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Generous donors are matched with families, seniors, foster children, emancipated foster youth, the homeless and disabled persons who have been referred directly by our *Partner Nonprofits. Our partners select and invite their neediest clients who may otherwise go without during the holiday season to participate in this program. Only our partner agencies refer recipients to participate in the program. No direct requests or referrals can be accepted.
Each partner agency identifies their clients with the most critical life circumstances that would prevent them from being able to purchase gifts for the holidays. Some recipients have no family or are estranged from them. Donors “adopt” families or individuals by promising to purchase items from their Recipient “Wish List” Registration form which will be provided to you upon completion of your donor registration form. In order to protect the dignity and privacy of all, the identity of donors and recipients is confidential.
*PARTNERING NONPROFITS: Becoming Independent, Boys & Girls Club of Sonoma Valley, Brown Baggers, Ceres, CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), F.I.S.H., Hanna Boys Center, La Luz Center, Nuestra Voz of Sonoma, Sonoma Overnight Support, Sonoma Valley Mentoring Alliance, Sonoma Unified School District and Sonoma Valley Teen Services.
Families and individuals referred by our partner nonprofit agencies, but not registered or adopted with the Adopt-A-Family program, will also be provided gifts obtained through our Gift Barrel program or donated to our Holiday Store. Help make the season bright for Sonoma Valley families and individuals in need of some holiday cheer by participating in our gift drive. Gift Barrels will be distributed throughout the Valley to businesses, churches, schools and civic organizations. Please view our list of “Suggested Gifts”.
Adopt a family or individual in your community, purchase a gift, conduct a gift drive and give the gift of hope. There is no greater gift than helping a family or individual in need. Thank you for joining us in making countless Holiday memories!
WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE!
- ADOPT-A-FAMILY (INDIVIDUAL). This year’s donor sign-up will begin on November 5, 2013. To sponsor a family or individual, register and state the number and size of the family you would like to adopt. Once your application has been received, we will send you a confirmation email. You will receive your adopted family or individual “Wish List” within one week of successful online registration. If you are unable to shop, let our elves do it for you!
- GIFT BARRELS. Conduct a gift drive through your business or organization. This year Gift Barrels will be distributed beginning November 15.
- BUY A GIFT FOR THE HOLIDAY STORE. Do you only have the budget or time to get one gift? Simply purchase the gift, and drop it in a barrel or drop off your donation to Friends of F.I.S.H., Rabobank, 10 Maple St., Sonoma. Families and individuals who were not adopted for the holidays and those who missed the registration deadline will be invited to our Holiday Store. They will select 1-2 gifts per family member.
- DONATE GIFT CARD OR FUNDS. Gift cards can help to supplement the gifts provided by our generous Adopters, or be used by F.I.S.H. Adopt-A-Family to purchase gifts for any families and individuals not registered with the Adopt-A-Family program . Please drop off or send gift cards or funds to:
℅ Friends of F.I.S.H. at Rabobank
10 Maple St., Suite 101 Sonoma, CA 95476
- PAYPAL DONATIONS - Donate funds securely online through PayPal for our Adopt-A-Family program. Enter the amount you wish to donate, and indicate that you would like your donation to go toward Adopt-A-Family.
- TAX DEDUCTIBLE - All contributions and purchases toward the program are tax-deductible, with 100% of the money going to the families and individuals in-need. If your employer offers matching gift donations to 501(c)3 nonprofits, your donation may be eligible for matching. F.I.S.H. will provide you a donation receipt upon request. Receipts must be provided when submitting for tax reporting purposes.
- VOLUNTEER AS AN ELF
- Volunteer opportunities abound to support the project. Sign-up and volunteer your time.
- HELP SPREAD THE WORD
- Share the Adopt-a-Family website link on your Facebook or Twitter, or underneath your e-mail signature
- Send an e-mail invitation to your friends and family
- Ask your colleagues, company, school, club, or church to donate or volunteer
*Only F.I.S.H. clients and the clients of our Partners Nonprofits will receive gifts through the Adopt-A-Family program. We do not accept direct applications from recipients for holiday assistance.